The Great Indian Engineering Viva!



The Great Indian Engineering Viva!
“So you know absolutely nothing about the subject” Professor glared at him.
“Yes sir, absolutely nothing!” he went honest. “I appreciate the honesty” Prof. said 
“You tell me which subject you know, I’ll ask you from that, I have to give you marks out of 70!”
“Communication Skills” boy said with a smile, Prof. smiled back.
“Ok” he said and gave boy some spellings to write, tough one, boy wrote all correct. Then he asked about all tenses, all correct again.
“What’s difference between generally and usually?”
“Both are synonyms of each other, although if you want a difference then. Generally sounds more professional usually, generally usually is also not causal but generally, usually, isn’t it?” boy grinned.
“What..?” Prof. couldn’t frame it out “Ok whatever.”
“You said you know about Communication Skills, tell me what your skill is?”  Prof. stared straight in boy’s eyes.  
“I can write, I write stories and poems” what about motivational speaker and a counselor, a though crossed his mind, he ignore it. “I want to be a writer.”
“Ok” “Write a poem and I’ll read it”  
“Seriously? Like we are in engineering collage and a poem…” Prof. interrupted “I have to give you marks, you want marks? Write a poem” boy sat there completely baffled.

“Ok, imagine you are married and you’re writing it for your wife, on your anniversary, showing your love for her”
Boy smiled, “Poetry for showing my Love?” “Yes”
Now things were easy, boy closed his eyes, and her eyes flashed.
“It's not just about Days, Months, Years, the way you thought.
We have no future, you said, I've always fought. 
Or when my wrinkle hands will brush your white hairs,
That will be the day when you'll finally believe.
That I loved you till the End
I loved you till the End
I loved you till the End
I loved you till the End” he wrote and narrated till last line with almost tears of love in his eyes.

A pin drop awkward silence.

“Sign here on this sheet, your viva is done” Prof. said.
“Sure?” “Yes” he glared. Boy signed.
“You have a girlfriend?” well now that was out of course, it was personal, but boy guessed viva was still going on.
“Had a girlfriend, past tense Sir” boy smiled.
“Why what happened?” that’s too personal, but he’s professor and it’s a viva, say it, voice in his head said.
“She left me.”
“Why?”
“Because I loved her truly, I guess.” Prof. kept looking in his eyes “Or maybe I had to become a writer” cleverly answered.
“Ok, you can go.” Prof. smiled, that feeling of compassion could be seen in his eyes.
Boy stood up and began to leave, but turned back for a confession.
“Btw, I am sorry, the poem I wrote wasn’t spontaneous, I planned it for her birthday. It’s already on my blog and I’ve also made it into a song” “Sorry!” Boy smiled.
“It’s ok” Prof. smiled back.

The Great Indian Engineering Viva!
 -Shail Raval- 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOODBYE

Why I put on Sunglasses that day ?

The Crazy Ones | Steve Jobs | Motivational Video | SuperHuman Formula