There is none (short story)




Yesterday I was sitting in eye care hospital,

with my eyes closed. Drops were added in




my eyes to vague my vision for eye checkup.



'Patients should enter Doctor's cabin



with a guardian when nurse calls his/her name'



was the rule informed. 



One by one they called different names.



Person would stand up and his guardian 



would lead him to cabin. I was supposed



to closed my eyes but my I consider to 



oppose the notion as my only birthright.



A boy in his twenties was called, 



his girlfriend accompanied him. 



A husband was called, his wife held his hand.



A ten year old boy was called,



his both parents accompanied him. 



"Shruti Shah" nurse called. 



An old lady above 80 yrs stood up,



her hands trembling, eyes closed.



"Call your guardian mam" 



nurse said and a stream of tears



ran down Shruti's wrinkled face.



"There is none, can you lead me to cabin" 



she said and nurse was speechless.



Nurse lead her to cabin but without care



as nurse was in hurry.There was a turn 


and Shruti's body banged the pillar. 


I saw my mom sitting next to, reading the magazine. 



I still am not sure about what will happen



to my future but at that very particular moment 



I gave a commitment to myself. 



"No matter what happens with my future or my life, 




even if I become a billionaire or a road side beggar



my mother wont ever suffer this scene in her life.


And maybe that will be my truest success."


-Shail Raval

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOODBYE

Why I put on Sunglasses that day ?

The Crazy Ones | Steve Jobs | Motivational Video | SuperHuman Formula