THE PASSIONATE GIRL (fiction)

The Passionate Girl
Not a common audience story. A selective class story.

Dedicated to my dear cousin.

“That’s great, Nishi your morning tea makes my day” grandmother said, sipping the tea. Nishi nodded “You know Nishi I am so happy to have such a passionate granddaughter like you and your passion, ‘Krishna-Krishna’, I just love it. My nights are always sparkling seeing you as a Master Chef of future in my dreams. And now as you have joined cooking classes, I could see my childhood dream coming true” she wanted to become a Chef, unfortunately couldn’t, granddaughter takes the responsibility.  Nishi smiled “Granny a selfie please.” she said. Granny gave a grin, she clicked.

“That’s improvement, today you are ready for 10th round of the ground” dad said, breathing heavy. She nodded. “I was a vibrant athlete when I was of your age and now I see you walking my footsteps. Dear winning gold in huddle race is fascinating, your certificates and the summit that your medals have created in your achievement box makes me proud. Keep going passionate girl. Embrace limits” dad completed. They completed 10th round and Nishi asked for a break, dad nodded “Daddy a selfie please” she requested. Dad smiled with proud, she clicked.

“So which collage? Miss Ranker! Nishi I can’t tell you how much proud I am feeling right now” mom and Nishi had just got back from school taking report card of 12th and she stood first in her batch. “Here is the list of top medical collage, choose the best one dear” Nishi said whichever mom will choose will be fine. “Oh so nice of you dear, choose this one” she pointed on rank 3rd collage “This is the place which competent me with all medical skills of neurology and see now I am a successful surgeon, running my huge hospital with help of you businessman daddy” Nishi nodded for ‘yes’. Mom hugged Nishi, her eyes sparkling. “You made me so much happy Nishi, I am glad to have such a passionate futuristic Neurosurgeon like you”. Nishi smile “Mom a Selfie please” she requested. Mom gave her a bosom hug, faces turned towards flash, both smiled, click!

“This is amazing! Out standing! Fabulous” grandfather said reading a story which Nishi gave him. “As I have always said, I wanted to be an author but couldn’t as my family’s privation went handcuffs for me” he took a coughing break, she handed him a glass of water. “I am happy you take time for your passion in your busy schedule. And this stories of your makes me feel blessed, keep writing for me, I could see my teenage dream coming true in yours.” He completed, she revered him by touching his feet. “KalyanaMastu” he blessed. “Grandfather a selfie please” she requested. Old man’s lips stretched, his dentures glittered. Click!

It was midnight; I could see her USB plugged from phone to computer. She was emptying something from her phone stuff into computer. Suddenly a phone came, it was of her best friend and my girlfriend, Maya. Conversation said that Maya had planned a movie in home-theatre at her place, a horror one due to a reason. I knew her well, Nishi hates horror movie, once when she went with dad for a horror film. She had run out of theatre after intermission. “Oh wow how exciting, I will be there in five minutes” this startled me, unbelievable!

She took dad’s permission; driver dropped her to Maya’s home.

I went to her room, to her PC and found prints of all the selfies she took. Why? What does she want to do with these prints? I was curious, craving for answer. So instead of vanishing I stood there till she would return.

At 3:00 AM she was back, comforting her frightened best friend and the girl I love who was lonely because her parents were out of station. I was peeping inside through the edge of the door. She took out a tripod stand. It was a type of a canvas tripod stand, then came out a large canvas, I was right it was a canvas stand. She fixed the immaculate white canvas in it. Went to a side drover and oh god, I was amazed, she took out two boxes of Acrylic color and a set of paint brushes. She affixed selfie prints on her soft board. She stared at the prints for a while. And to my surprise her paintbrush made perfect and flawless strokes on canvas, colors mingled marvelously, and what she created made me cry, I cried hard, too hard, but there were no tears. She completed and the painting she made if went on auction, I bet it could earn a million dollar. It was a masterpiece which would come after understanding a deep philosophy of life.

She took the canvas in her hand, and she hugged her painting. It was 6:00AM. She walked towards my room. She opened my room; her eyes wet, touched all my craft work, touched all my painting, and touched all my medals, kissed them. Hugged the painting I had made for her on her 15th birthday, that last painting of mine. My heart beats went drum beats but they had no sound.  She went to my wall size photo which was glass framed, showed her canvas to the photo. Streams scrolled down from her cheeks, my cheeks too silver linings unstoppable. She then took out a lighter, ignited it and flamed the canvas, she crammed a big cotton cloth in her mouth, unstoppable silver linings. I couldn’t see that scene, I turned around. She waited and soundlessly wailed and cried until canvas burned completely leaving behind black ash. She got a broom, swept the ash, collected it and dropped it in a big silver painted cardboard box. She stepped out, got a last glance to the photo and continued to her room. I went to the silver painted box and saw inside, it was full with black ash up to brim. My eyes showered. And next seen pushed me into a valley of agony.

THERE WERE 10 SUCH BOXES
My heart beats went drumbeats but there was no sound.
I cried for hours but there were no tears.

The Painting

There was a screen on canvas, a stage in a small auditorium. Auditorium had around ten seats. Five of the seats were filled. The exact selfie’s: smiles, joys, happiness, proud, blessings and love of: dad, mom, grandmother, grandfather and Maya was flawlessly facsimile into the faces seated on canvas. There on the other end, on the stage there was a girl, painted cartoon type and through her heart vibes were flowing which was reflecting an elder boy which matched the wall size photo frame. The boy’s face mesmerized the audience in the auditorium and even the beauty of the painting itself. Audience were feeling bliss looking at that boy
 There was not a single drop of passion in the canvas, PURE LOVE EXISTED.


The Passionate Girl

By:  S h a i l    R a v a l 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOODBYE

Why I put on Sunglasses that day ?

The Crazy Ones | Steve Jobs | Motivational Video | SuperHuman Formula