Why I put on Sunglasses that day ?


This story is dedicated to all Alcoholic. And Smokers.



SR Extremes: Fiction




It was a cold rainy day and I was riding my two-wheeler. Destination was a restaurant.
And yummy thoughts which my tongue was dealing with were delicious ’Treating myself with Italian Sizzler’
Acceleration was at its extreme, 90km/hr., at SG Highway.
Everything was in ‘STRINGS’ except a pair of sunglasses in my shirt’s pocket.
I wear powered glasses then how did sunglasses came there?? 




15 minutes ago

I was lazing on my bed, with tight jeans.My partly divided stomach made sounds, may be they were hungry rats.
I ignored at first but then rats went for a riot.
The lady who cooked me food was on vacation (mom).
Satisfying rats was must, so I kicked my vehicle, it never asked for second.
Some specific rotation on an internal road, and suddenly!!

Me: What the hell   (I got appalled) 

A strange person literally jumped in front of me.

Me: You only got my vehicle in whole city to commit suicide!!??(I said slowing down my beats)

Stranger: No no…Sir, You got me wrong

Me: So were you in Ballet mood?

Stranger: Sir just please listen to me (He requested).

I: I hardly have a minute

Stranger: I won’t ask for second.

Me: I don’t have time sorry. Rats are now starting war.

Stranger: What? Rats!? War!  (Hunger had started affecting my brain now)

Me: Leave it, I have to go (but that man was in his own STRINGS)

Stranger:  Sir I am a Sunglass Seller. See there (He pointed to a wooden stand rested under a tree, with around 100 Sunglasses hanging on it) And I want you to buy one. So please… (It was like ’Hope you understand’ tone)

Me: That’s how you get a customer? Jumping into their ways? Fascinating market strategy Mr.… (I glared.)

Sunglass Seller: I Apologies for that but if I wouldn’t have done that you would have hardly noticed my Glasses. Actually no one is noticing them. Maybe it’s the season.

Me: Maybe, how can you doubt? Its Indian monsoon, sun hardly appears, so no one need your glasses. You have chosen the wrong business. Try umbrellas. (I gave him a free advice and kicked my vehicle to leave)

Sunglass Seller: Sir but please listen to me once. Glasses are really nice…

Me: Hello dude? What do you think you are doing? And about your really nice glasses can’t you see I am wearing spectacles on my small, cute, tinny and innocent nose. (Four words to describe a nose. That only happens when hunger do the thing with you)
Sunglass Seller insisted very much (He was in his own STRINGS)

Sun-glass Seller: You might need them today.
I some-how wanted to leave so I got a pair.




Destination was a restaurant....
I was going to treat myself with a delicious sizzler.
Accelerator was at its extremes and suddenly.

Me: What the Hell (A girl of 18 or 20 literally jumped into my way just like that man.)

“Come die in front of my vehicle, I want to go behind bars” for sure was not written on my forehead. Clouds were all around and it was 9:45 PM, all Dark, like they prepared for an epic. My vehicle’s headlight glared on her face. Truly she was beautiful with fair face, red lips, diamond earrings accompanied by very ‘short’ shorts and plain white shirt.

Me: What’s wrong with you people?
She: Can you give me a lift?
Me: Is that the way to ask?
She: I am sorry brother, please give me a lift.
(9:45? Where did she want to go? Or else she wanted to rob me in dark? Epic?)

Me: Who are you?
She: Does it matters?

Me: Yes very much (There can be a devil behind the beauty. For sure it was.)

She: If you trust me then help me, I will tell you about me while travelling
(Why should I trust her? Who’s she? I don’t even know her! ‘Trust her’ something clicked in my skull)

She: PLEASE (her facial expression and a bitter instinct convinced me)
(She said me the address, it laid near my destination. Destination?)

Me: Now tell me who are you? (She must keep her promise)
She: You won’t like to know. (Do girls keep their promise?)
Me: I have to.
She: Have you ever smoked or had a bottle of Alcohol?
Me: Never Ever, but what does it makes sense here.

She: I was a daughter of a multi-millionaire.

Me: I knew that, your shorts say it all.
She: So you were looking at my legs?
Me: I had no such intention; in fact you know it’s a reflex. But Mrs. Multi-millionaire, couldn't you can’t afford a taxi. (I somehow changed the shorts’ topic)

She: Ok considerable, but I think you haven’t heard me properly. I said I ‘WAS’ a daughter of a multi-millionaire.

Me: So now what, don’t say that your dad died and all those filmy rubbish. (She looked at me in rare view mirror, I got an eye contact, her eyes were desperately trying to saying something to me, but I broke the eye contact. A drop of misery had already transferred through that eye contact.)

There was a silence for a moment. Around five minutes later. She worded.

She: My father died. And it’s not filmy rubbish.
(My wrist choked the brakes, she fell on me, inertia, hugged me tightly from back.)
Me: Really? Sorry I didn't… actually me… You know I… (My words stumbled, that was really unexpected.)

She: It’s ok. (I thought she would move back and withdraw her hug back but she didn’t, my driving went uncomfortable.)
I hope you won’t mind my hug; can I just let it be…?
(Before I could say anything or think, hug went even tighter and that voice spark leashed with lament said) PLEASE let it be this way… (I nodded for yes)

Me: What happened to him?
She: Are you sure you want to know?
Me: Ya 100%
She: I think you should not.
Me: It’s needed because I am thinking that you are a robber who is making stories and at some place you and your other partners will come and rob me.

She: Your mentality is cheap. (She laughed)
Me: Whatever… You say me who you are actually or else get off my vehicle.

She: Ok then next 15 minutes I’ll say and you will listen. (I nodded for yes)

 My dad was a Sunglass Seller when he was young and in his 30 he was owner of his own Sunglass making company. We were rich when I was 4. We were happy until my mom died in a Car Accident.
Dad had a habit to smoke and it went a secret for lifetime to mom. 

Mom died, Dad started Alcohol, soon he became an Alcoholic, and his business partners made him an addict. Business competitor took on his business and at my 6 we had nothing to eat.

It was 18 December and my Alcoholic Dad was in his own STRINGS. 18 December had two importance 1st we had no money for dad’s fantasies.

Dad shouted ‘Bring me my bottle… Bring it…’

 I went to him; he was lying on floor half fainted. I took his head a kept it on my lap. He opened his eyes and started crying ‘Bring me my stuff… Please bring me my stuff’ my dad touched my feet and begged me to bring his stuff.

’Please don’t cry dad I will bring it I promise dad… Please don’t cry’

I was small I asked him crying ‘Where is it available?’ he gave me address and I ran towards the place. I asked the shopkeeper for it, he demanded the money which I didn’t have. Shopkeeper and other drunker tried sexual harassment. I was small and innocent I hardly knew what was happening. But a person at Bar saved my life and took me out safely.

I could not go home empty handed; dad’s crying and begging face was continuously coming in front of my eyes. Then I founded that Golden earring gifted by dad on my 4th birthday. I decided to take it to goldsmith. Selling my most precious gift was the only way to fulfill dad’s nerves.

I went to gold smith and said it that I wanted to sell it. He was the one from whom dad bought it for me. So he asked me ’Why do you want to sell it?’ I told him the full story and that goldsmith just said a simple sentence…


“ONE DAY YOU WOULD HAVE TO SELL YOUR VIRGINITY TO FULFILL YOUR DAD’S FANTASIES”


He gave me money and I managed a bottle, I was small, I was innocent, I didn't even know what the word virginity meant. There was a smile on my face while carrying bottle to home. I opened the door, saw dad lying down on floor, half unconscious.

‘Look dad I brought your stuff’ I said

Without any words dad got up, engaged his throat and lips with Alcohol, without a single break he emptied the vessel and when he finally got conscious, his eyes rolled on my empty ear and immediately ‘Where is you earring’ he asked.

‘I had no money dad, so I sold it’ I said with an innocent smile.
Dad’s eyes got filled with tears.
And then I asked him innocently

‘Dad what does VIRGINITY means?’

‘What? Who said you this word?’ dad wiped his tears and asked with shock.

“Actually that Goldsmith said that ‘ONE DAY YOU WOULD HAVE TO SELL YOUR VIRGINITY TO FULFILL YOUR DAD’S FANTASIES’ Dad do you know what does this Virginity means?”

My innocence was my worst mistake.

An unstoppable, continuous stream of tears kept on flowing from dad’s eyes for hours, he literally cried like a baby.

Next day when my eyes got open I founded him hanging on fan, I a six year Old girl tried to talk with him for hours but he didn’t amounted anything…

2nd important thing about 18 December was that it was my birthday.

Me: I…I…I don’t know what to say… (My voice cracked)

She: It’s ok. (She said and her hug went tighter and tighter)

Me: Your dad saved you from… you know what…Did he? 

She: Stop stop… My place has come.(I stopped, my shoulder was little wet, her tears. There was a moment of silence, she didn’t get off my vehicle, and I could see people gazing at us. I coughed, she understood. She withdrew her body back from my back, got off the vehicle. She started walking to a building; I wished she would turn back and answer me
Yes she turned back and answered.)

She: No he didn’t. Indian mentality taught me meaning of Selling VIRGINITY…

         I WANTED MONEY FOR HIS FUNERAL …

She said that line and a part of me died at that very single moment, I felt pain in the center of my chest. It increased when she stepped towards me. She came close, to close, we were breathing each other’s breathe. And then she gave me a tight hug, strong one, she cried, hard. That pain in center increased. Her was body radiated more lament and it was stuck to me. I wasn’t hugging her back but then she sobbed badly, I raised her hand and hugged her back. It did nothing much than increasing her wails. The pain in my chest was increasing. Two minutes of endless silent hug said a millions of emotional senses. People gazed us, I closed my eyes and bothered of nothing, no one. I didn’t want to break the bond, nether she, we both were separated by a security guard saying ‘Do this things inside room’, we hardly cared. She got away from me, smiled with tears in her eyes. I moved to her and wiped her tears. She withdrew her face after it was clean. She waved me a good bye. Pain in my chest went low with every step she walked away. I looked at the building carefully and a straight scratch went through my heart, it pained like never before in the center, I fall on road, my emotions, my senses all flabbergast. It was a hotel, she stepped the stairs and two men curved their hand on her waist and below. Finally I knew what she worked for. Before entering the main gate she glanced at me and the expression she gave me was miserable. She cried for a help, her posture begged for helped. I stood towards her to bring her back but she begged a “NO”. I was helpless. She walked inside looking at me. I wouldn’t forget that scene.
To my surprise I could see a two fat puddle running down from my eyes. I could see a pair of glasses resting in my pocket. I smiled. With tears.
 Then I put on The Sunglasses.
(All 'STRINGS' had a link)

Why I put on Sunglasses that day?

By- Shail Raval



If you know what exactly "STRINGS" means you get it all...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOODBYE

The Crazy Ones | Steve Jobs | Motivational Video | SuperHuman Formula